The EDUsummIT2019 Steering Committee decided on the generic theme and the 12 working groups that will be formed by participants (15 participants maximum per group). To this end, the Steering Committee was informed by the contents of the Second Handbook of Information technology in Primary and Secondary Education (Springer, 2018) (see the Table of Contents). The first and the second handbooks (2008, 2018) have been closely associated with each of the EDUsummITs (2009, The Netherlands; 2011 (France), 2013 (USA), 2015 (Thailand), 2017 (Bulgaria), and in 2019 (Canada). Each EDUsummIT delivers a Call to Action (e.g., Call to Action 2011 and Call to Action 2017). See the EDUsummIT Archive.
The generic theme of EDUsummIT2019 is Learners and learning contexts: New alignments for the digital age.
The thematic working groups (TWGs) are the following ones:
• TWG 1: Technology developments: how human computer interactions change with technological innovation
• TWG 2: Learners as learning leaders: how does leadership for learning emerge beyond the traditional teaching models?
• TWG 3: Creativity for teachers and teaching
• TWG 4: Thinking about machine learning – implications for education
• TWG 5: Safe and Responsible Internet Use in a Connected World: Teaching Critical Thinking and Accountability to Promote Cyber-wellness
• TWG 6: Putting learning back into learning analytics: optimizing learning through analysing the data
• TWG 7: Connected learning: online human interaction and interaction with digital resources
• TWG 8: Pedagogical reasoning and reflective practice: a framework for teaching in a digital age
• TWG 9: Advancing models and theories of technology integration: implications for practitioners and policymakers
• TWG 10: New paradigms for researching digital technologies: achieving scalability and sustainability
• TWG 11: Cross-cultural alignments, fertilization, differentiation: bridging the gaps through technology
• TWG 12: National policies in curriculum reforms: what makes a quality curriculum in a technological era?
• TWG 13: Knowledge building/knowledge creation in the school classroom and beyond
EDUsummIT 2017 may be seen at this URL.
EDUsummIT 2015 may be seen at this URL.